Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Pittsburgh to Marietta Info Needed

Default Pittsburgh to Marietta Info Needed

The Mrs. and I along with another couple are heading downriver on Sunday headed for Marietta.

The only itinerary we have set is staying Sunday night at Holiday YC (if they have room for the boats - we have to call in reservations) and we know we want to hit the Beaver Regatta on the way back through (Friday night through Sunday am).

We both run houseboat speed (8 mph).

Any thoughts on where we should stay along the way? Where do we stay at when we are there?

Holiday should have room for you, outside the marina breakwall if nothing else. Rayland is a good stop. A little tight getting around in their basin, but they do have fuel, and it's a good off channel stop for the night.

Prima Marina has fuel.

Marietta Harbor marina is on the LDB of the Muskingum river, very near the confluence of the Ohio. It's within walking distance of downtown. There is fuel there, and also fuel at the Marietta Boat Club, which is (give or take) a mile up the Muskingum on the LDB.

If you can, take some bicycles to cruise around Marietta, it's a great town for sightseeing. Have a great trip, and look us up when you hit the Beaver!
    1959 Chris Craft Conqueror 40' "LouAl"
    24' Pontoon "Red Solo Cup"
    Port of Fulton, MS

Thanks for the info. Looks like we have another couple coming with us too! Should be a great time. I called Holiday - they said they could accomodate.

What marina's are around Wheeling? Or is there any cool anchorages near there off the main channel. Quimby's listed a few - just didn't know if you had any suggestions.

We will defintiely have to meet up when we get to the beaver regatta! Speaking of the beaver regatta, is there any info online about it. Schedule of events, etc??? I think we are staying up at the yacht club but just wondering what to check out?

We went from the Beaver to Rayland on the trip south then on to Marietta, and vice/versa on the return trip. Rayland to Marietta is a long day. Hopefully some of the folks on this site are from that area, and will contribute to the thread to give you some info on anchorages or alternative marinas.

This is the best I can find about the Beaver County Regatta:
    http://www.visitbeavercounty.com/ind...ay=20&Itemid=1
    1959 Chris Craft Conqueror 40' "LouAl"
    24' Pontoon "Red Solo Cup"
    Port of Fulton, MS

Default Grantz, Tell us about your trip

Terry,

I have been looking for the details of your trip down river.
    Maybe it was a what you see and hear, stays here trip.

Jack
    AKA orboater

I've finally got caught up with everything since the trip! Wow was that a great time! I'm working on gathering photos from everybody. I should have everything by this weekend and I can then get a little day by day journal up with photos. Look for it mid-next week! Thanks again for the kind hospitality!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantz View Post
    I've finally got caught up with everything since the trip! Wow was that a great time! I'm working on gathering photos from everybody. I should have everything by this weekend and I can then get a little day by day journal up with photos. Look for it mid-next week! Thanks again for the kind hospitality!!!
    Looking forward to reading of your adventures.