Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Travel time between The Point and Green Cove Yacht Club?

Question Travel time between The Point and Green Cove Yacht Club?

Hi All,

This is my first post here - I'm a new boat owner and have spent a ton of time on these forums in the past few months - probably too much!

After much consideration, I decided (for at least this summer) to keep my new purchase in a slip at Green Cove Yacht Club in Clarksville. It was much cheaper, great people and I liked the idea of having less river traffic during my first season.

That being said, I'd love to make a few trips from there down to the Point this year for some events, but have no idea how long, on average, I could expect it to take.

Has anyone done this?

Many times. Its 4 locks up the mon, and depending on how fast you travel, it could take 4 hours or less.

I did in 6 nours...you need the locks to fall your way...remember if you get behind a tug...could delay you hours...

All locks on the mon are twin chamber. Barges go in the large, small craft in the small chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by gsent View Post
    All locks on the mon are twin chamber. Barges go in the large, small craft in the small chamber.
    I went in 1998 so my info is a bit dated...stayed at green cove, excellent marina with pool and restaurant...at least back then...gsent, how much further can you go to WV? All the way to morgantown? We're taking a marina group trip this year and debating ohio or mon...probably 5 days...

You can go to the end, if you wish. Last couple of locks have very limited hours, some weekends only. Check the lock schedule on the main site for more info. I would always call the locks first, so there is no confusion.
    We like to go as far as two rivers marina and campground, and commute up and back in the same day. We love this marina. It has a great restaurant and the owner is second to none. It is one lock past green cove and 10 mile.

The first time go slow and enjoy your trip, look around theres cool stuff all around you on all the rivers