Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Good place to find a dock box

Default Good place to find a dock box

As the title suggests, I am looking for a dock box, where does on buy one around here?

Chuck

First, I would check with your marina to see if they permit dock boxes, some do, some do not, and others have restrictions on the size box you're permitted to have. (mainly for safety purposes on narrow dock walkways in case of fire or other emergency)

Then I would suggest looking at Lowes/Home Depot/WalMart for the rubbermade "deck" boxes, they are much more reasonably priced than a fiberglass dock box. Some can even double as a bench seat. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by obxpelican View Post
    As the title suggests, I am looking for a dock box, where does on buy one around here?

Chuck
    1959 Chris Craft Conqueror 40' "LouAl"
    24' Pontoon "Red Solo Cup"
    Port of Fulton, MS

I'm with Galleyslave. Look for something like a truck toolbox or job site box. It will be cheaper. But, if it has to be an actual dock box, the only place I've seen them locally is at West Marine on McKnight by Ross Park Mall. I'm not in the market for one, so I didn't make a note of the prices. But I do remember seeing them and thinking "Wow, if I ever needed on of those, I'd just buy a truck toolbox from Lowes." They were pricey.

Thanfully LW1 allow dock boxes, I'll check on deck boxes, maybe that is a better answer.

Thank you guys, you're the best.

Chuck

Check craigs list if you want a fiberglass (dockbox) and ebay

I use a Deck Box....it works really well! I got it from Home Depot and it was about a 1/4 of the price of an actual dock box. Good Luck!

saw this on CL this morning:
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/1692641699.html

it doesnt have a picture.. but it may be what you want..
    ~ Justin

I just bought it, he didn't even need to send me a picture, I ran up there yesterday with the truck and handed him $300. 6'x2' TaylorMade only about a year old, I've been pricing them online, that box new is $750. He bought it while at FCM, he's moving to Station Square, no boxes allowed there...

Check with your marina before you toss a rubbermade box on the dock, many do not allow that style. My marina requires the white gelcoat boxes specifically called "dock boxes".

Which marina is that?

Quote Originally Posted by IronRoamer View Post
    I just bought it, he didn't even need to send me a picture, I ran up there yesterday with the truck and handed him $300. 6'x2' TaylorMade only about a year old, I've been pricing them online, that box new is $750. He bought it while at FCM, he's moving to Station Square, no boxes allowed there...

Check with your marina before you toss a rubbermade box on the dock, many do not allow that style. My marina requires the white gelcoat boxes specifically called "dock boxes".

sorry obxpelican i guess i should have pmed you

and

lIronRoamer, let me know where I can collect my "finders fee".. lol
    ~ Justin

haha JM, I would, but I'm a Craigslist addict all on my own, I've been watching it for a while, and finally sold my BMW (on CL) freeing up some cash to fund the boat expenses. ...I just noticed this thread a second ago, and figured it was the box I just bought. Good eyes though!

As a side note, I've seen a few others pop up on CL over the past few months, I was always too slow to respond, they sell quickly, if you see one GET IT!

BTW, that is Springdale Marina... a tiny marina about .5 miles upstream from Cheswick marina, I think we have 40 slips. We try to keep it clean and organized...

Quote Originally Posted by JM_Excel View Post
    sorry obxpelican i guess i should have pmed you

and

lIronRoamer, let me know where I can collect my "finders fee".. lol
    LOL

That's life in the big city.

Chuck

Default dock box

LW1 does have size restriction on boxes I hyad one there last season this season I have to get a smaller one.
    But you find deck boxes at home depot under $100 they are permitted at LW1