Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Boat Tranport

Thread: Boat Tranport

Default Boat Tranport

Can anybody recomend a boat transporter to go from Lake Raystown to the river. I have a trailer and need wide load permits for a 305 Bayliner (11' beam) Thanks!

Talk to Pirate Marine....
    (330) 547-0005
    16428 W Akron Canfield Rd, Berlin Center, OH 44401
    I never used them, but I bought a trailer from them and he quoted me a reasonable price for transport.. just ended up doing it myself...

ALL

I have a 2007 Venture trailer which I bought from that micky mouse
    Pirate Marine Trailers place

1. They didn't know the configuration of my boat and it took me a couple of years to ramp my boat on and off the trailer. I had to spend $$ to get additional bunks, Bunk adjustments, and also had to actually move my bow hook on my boat.

2. They didn't know the PA state laws for brakes on all the axles. Thats kind of hard to believe considering that they are only an hour from PA. I had to go back to get a second set of brakes for the other axle.

3. TO TOP IT OFF, the extra brakes that Pirate marine put on themselves on one of the brake cylinders burst causing all the brake fluid to leak out. and i was wondering why i had to buy new rotors and brake pads for my truck the same year. the trailer place who installed the new brakes for me told me that the ones that were on there didn't have the right size gastet.

4. then last year the seals went on the same axle. something you wouldn't expect from a trailer only a few years old. Again I blame the trailer place for putting on faulty set of brakes.

Any ways just want to make sure that you think twice about buying from Pirate Marine Trailers in OHIO.

To stay on topic, Dave's Marine Transport in Marblehead, Ohio moved my boat from there to Pittsburgh. Was a real professional and had an awesome heavy trailer that could handle a very large boat. 419 734 3283. For this move the cost was 800 bucks

If you want advice on how to move the boat yourself if you have the proper tow vehicle I can provide further info. I get oversize load permits for my boat every time i move it since it is a 10 foot beam. past few years, i've only moved it twice a year but i might take it to Erie or Raystown this year.

first question you'd probably will have to answer would be is your trailer have a current PA inspection? if it isn't then you may have a hard time finding a reputable mover that will use your trailer. They will most likely put the trailer and boat both on a flatbed. if it does have a current inspection then you should be good to go.

Captainmm i wouldn't mind hearing about some info on Raystown in a different post sometime. Like where the best place to transient dock for a 32 foot boat etc.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, but I also bought a new Venture trailer at Pirate Marine - everything was perfect with it - Although I did tell them I needed brakes on all three axles per pa law. (they charged be an additional $100 for parts and labor to install) Perhaps you should know your state laws and make sure what you are buying meets them rather than assuming an out of state dealer is supposed to know. Plus the trailer was about $700 cheaper than any marina near pittsburgh would sell for. (which is why I bought it)
    ContessaOwner I have to wonder why you continue to boat concidering 95% of the posts you have on this site are negative about boating - perhaps it's time to find a new hobby since everything about boating is miserable, from purchasing items, to marinas and the people who boat around you.
    I must admit I boat in order to get away from the stressful work week and I'm not about to let anything get in the way of my relaxation and enjoyment - I mean don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people on the water who I think do stupid things, but I'm not about to let them ruin my day.
    Lastly on the getting ripped off note, I was terribly ripped off by my previous boat owner (to the tune of $11k in repairs and counting) but I won't even let that get in the way of my favorite passtime - we're reinstalling the engine this weekend and I can't wait to be back on the water this spring!

I have seen those Pirate Marine Trailers and they look pretty nice to me. I would love an alum. I beam trailer save some weight. My Eagle weighs 1875lb empty.
    Women who behave; rarely make history

if your not already done, Millers marine transport I thinK out of Delmont