Default dock no wake zone

just a friendly reminder to my fellow boaters who continually wake peggys marina cut us some slack i have gone through several rubber shock absorbers,west marine cannot believe i am having them pull apart. 100 feet no wake . thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    just a friendly reminder to my fellow boaters who continually wake peggys marina cut us some slack i have gone through several rubber shock absorbers,west marine cannot believe i am having them pull apart. 100 feet no wake . thank you
    Good luck. We got crushed today on the Allegheny. You should check out the thread about Lock Wall One.

Default No Wake Really Means "NO WAKE"

I dock at O'Hara Landing on The Allegheny Mile 11. We have a licensed "No Wake" Buoy in front of the marina. VERY FEW fellow boaters respect this at all. They fly by and wave as if we are some how glad to see them rock our marina so violently.

Boaters seem to aim for the no wake buoy's while on plane or some slow to a even more dangerous plowing speed to make matters worse.

I don't seem to understand why the majority of the boaters are so ignorant of the rules and courtesies for which we ask?

We live on the river this time of year, some of the wakes cause damage. All of he larger wakes have the ability to cause bodily harm and are dangerous.

Maybe a " MAINTAIN SPEED THRU TUNNEL" SIGN WOULD WORK BETTER HERE IN PITTSBURGH!

an article in this months Seaworthy is good reading: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/boat...thy_200907/#/0

I am guessing (coming from a lake environment) where there is a series of no wake buoys across the area not to be going fast in. If you have one, they probably think it is no wake from the buoy to the dock not across the river channel. Reguardless, from all I have read on here on the subject, people just don't care unless it is them. Slalom course is set up.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7L 325 HP
    "One More Hour"

Quote Originally Posted by misscynohara View Post
    I dock at O'Hara Landing on The Allegheny Mile 11. We have a licensed "No Wake" Buoy in front of the marina. VERY FEW fellow boaters respect this at all. They fly by and wave as if we are some how glad to see them rock our marina so violently.
    It is no different in the Dashields pool, in fact, I've seen boaters do a 360 in front of the docks of boat owners who have the nerve to complain about it. Worse yet, the Coast Guard and the Fish and Boat Commission are some of the worst offenders.

Default Coast Guard and the Fish and Boat Commission are some of the worst offenders

There is a houseboat piloted by a Coast Guard Officer that wakes every marina. Monitoring ch 16 lets one know what marine it is going by when he is out.
    The Fish and Game Commission boats don't seam to be aware of their wakes as well.

It's going to take an incident to make people aware.