Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Pittsburgh to Morgantown, WV

Default Pittsburgh to Morgantown, WV

Fairly new to boating around the Burgh and just now branching out on some longer trips. I'd like to take a run down to Morgantown, spend the night and come back the next day. But have no idea about gas/places to stop along the Mon. Anyone have any info about stops along the way, or places to dock overnight in Morgantown? Thanks!

If you plan on doing longer trips, I suggest you purchase a Quimby's Cruising Guide, just google it. They run @ 40 bucks, but it's well worth the cost. It will show you all the marina's on a particular river, what amenities they offer (like fuel, food, etc), whether it is right or left bank, water depth and the phone number.

The Quimby's shows the Mississippi (including the St. Croix and Black), Illinois, Missouri, Ohio (including the Allegheny, Monongahela, Muskingum and Kanawha), Arkansas, Cumberland, Tennessee, Tenn-Tom, Black Warrior, Alabama, Appalachicola, Red, Ouachita, Atchafalaya rivers and/or the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (from Brownsville, TX to St. Marks, FL).

NOW THAT'S A LOT OF TRAVELIN'

Quote Originally Posted by DavO View Post
    Fairly new to boating around the Burgh and just now branching out on some longer trips. I'd like to take a run down to Morgantown, spend the night and come back the next day. But have no idea about gas/places to stop along the Mon. Anyone have any info about stops along the way, or places to dock overnight in Morgantown? Thanks!
    1959 Chris Craft Conqueror 40' "LouAl"
    24' Pontoon "Red Solo Cup"
    Port of Fulton, MS

Where will you be leaving from? From Pittsburgh to Morgantown is a long trip for up and back. Lots of great places and good pools on the upper Mon before Morgantown.

Default google nav

hey boaters if you dont have a gps or charts for the whole US and want some nav aids to screw around with and u have google earth if not download it(its free). They have a add on app. that is called earth nc charts and maps that overlays onto google earth its free but u can buy a more advanced one but you dont need that for most of the stuff. It shows marina, mile markers, lauches, and has links. It shows erie, the three rivers, coastal waters, shipwrecks, dive sites i cant list all the cool stuff. its not perfect but on those rainy days it has a lot of cool stuff to look at so check it out and let me know.

http://earth.google.com/
    http://earthnc.com/

Did you take your trip? We are wanting to go from Morgantown to Pittsburgh. How many hours did it take? Any suggestions?

Great questions, I was thinking of doing the same thing. My interest peaked when I saw a poker run was being organized in Pittsburgh, unfortunately the event was cancelled due to weather. Keep posting any additional info you may run across.

This is a pretty old thread - if anybody has any new questions about making the Morgantown to Pittsburgh trip please start a new thread. I made the trip last year - will be happy to answer new questions. Thanks!