Thread: Ocean City MD

Default Ocean City MD

We will be spending a week in Ocean city with our 24' cuddy. We were able to rent a nice place on Isle of Wight Bay with a boat dock around 35th street. I have been warned that the bay is quite shallow. I have the NOAA charts and will be keeping my fingers crossed! Anyone ever boat in the bay or take their boat through the inlet into the ocean? Any advice for a new boater in that area? Recommended boat ramps?Thanks!

Never boated but always watching. South of 50 I would avoid going too far in. I was told max depth in most of the channel is 8-10'. The inlet is getting bad. Channel markers are now in place. Everyone hugs the Assateague bank. The ramp off of 50 in West Ocean City is very nice. I think it is public. I am unfamiliar with any others
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~

We did the Ocean City trip and I learned quite a lot. Trailblazer is right in that the inlet is very difficult to navigate. The bay is generally very shallow and getting to the marked channels is a nerve racking experience. I had to keep my outdrive raised as much as possible and had my depth finder ranging from 0 to 2 feet on the way to the channel. We felt the hull bottom out a couple of times. No way to pull a tube in the bay. I did notice that most boats were jet boats or pontoons. Now I know why! It was a unique experience for a river boater and it has been on my boater bucket list. The sand ended up costing me a new impeller. Live and learn!