Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Kinzua / Rayestown Recommendations

Default Kinzua / Rayestown Recommendations

We bought our new (2003) 24' cuddy this year and have been touring a variety of boating locations. We have been to Cheat, Shenango, Presque isle/ Erie and have done river trips. We loved our transient dock in Erie but the water was a little choppy. Our favorite has been Cheat but getting a dock space for the weekend can be difficult. We are now debating Kinzua or Raystown. I'd really like to spend the evening on the water tied up in a safe location. I have heard that Kinzua has boat access only campgrounds but no docks. Has anyone ever moored overnight on either lake? I know that both have dock spaces available but my hope is to stay out on the lake where we can tie up to shore, perhaps build a camp fire and sleep on the boat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My boat is at Raystown. I have slept out there. Fires are illegal but people do it. Endless safe locations to tie up at.
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~