Default Kinzua / Rayestown Recommendations

We bought our new (2003) 24' cuddy this year and have been touring a variety of boating locations. We have been to Cheat, Shenango, Presque isle/ Erie and have done river trips. We loved our transient dock in Erie but the water was a little choppy. Our favorite has been Cheat but getting a dock space for the weekend can be difficult. We are now debating Kinzua or Raystown. I'd really like to spend the evening on the water tied up in a safe location. I have heard that Kinzua has boat access only campgrounds but no docks. Has anyone ever moored overnight on either lake? I know that both have dock spaces available but my hope is to stay out on the lake where we can tie up to shore, perhaps build a camp fire and sleep on the boat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

My boat is at Raystown. I have slept out there. Fires are illegal but people do it. Endless safe locations to tie up at.
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~

I've been to both. not many facilities on Kinzua. Would recommend Raystown. We sleep at anchor and eat at resort. Stonewall Jackson lake is nice 1hr south of Morgantown. Nice resort with bands and good food. Check their calendar they have a wine and beer fest and Bar-B-Que Fest. Both lakes are long and narrow

Thanks for the reply. Rayestown is definitely on our list. Didn't think about Stonewall so we will look in to it. Love the Fest ideas!