Default Pittsburgh Pool - Is there a need for another marina?

Is there room for another marina within the Pittsburgh pool? Is there a need for more destinations within Pittsburgh that boaters can make a day out of it? Would boaters pay a small fee for transient slips if there was destination that offered everything retail, restaurants, bars, lounge area, walking distance of North Shore?

I would say yes, there is a need for slips in the Pittsburgh pool. At some time in the not so distant future, Allegheny Lock 2 is going to get a rehab, and it will be closed for 2 months. I have heard next summer, or in 2020. That all depends on funding.

I know that I would pay a small fee to go to a destination location. I used to do it at Station Square a few times a summer, but I don't think they have that many transient slips available anymore, which is a shame. It was nice to take out of town guests to the restaurants over there via boat for dinner. I never had an issue paying the dockage fees associated with the slip. Where on the North Shore are you thinking?

Yes, definitely. Some boat mechanics would also help.

This new marina would be on the other side of the West End bridge, and would offer transient slips as well as long-term slips. It would be a part of a bigger development.

more dockspace is always welcome in my eyes. Pittsburgh Pool is whats convient to me personally and ive thought about looking to get a slip next season (Millvale and Sharpsburgh are most convient to me but i dont expect there to be room)
    1986 Glastron X19 Bowrider