Default Ohio boat purchase

Does anyone know the process for getting an Ohio boat and trailer titled in PA? Looking at purchasing boat from someone in Ohio but don?t want to get arrested on the way home.
    Thanks

Get a notarized bill of sale in Ohio, drive the boat home, register them in PA and pay the tax man. Some states have titles for boats and trailers, some do not. I got my boat in Maryland and they title boats, so I took that along with the BOS to the notary and transferred it all into my name.

Also to get the Ohio registration for the boat and trailer along with BOS. You could also call AAA for the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by pghjjb View Post
    Does anyone know the process for getting an Ohio boat and trailer titled in PA? Looking at purchasing boat from someone in Ohio but don?t want to get arrested on the way home.
    Thanks
    The seller should have a title for the boat in Ohio, so get that signed/notarized at the time of sale. The trailer will not have a title in Ohio, but will have a registration. Get a copy of the registration slip and a signed (notarized if possible) bill of sale. Hopefully the trailer has a capacity plate that lists its weight as well as its capacities affixed to it somewhere (usually the tongue). Take a picture of that. You should then be able to go to any notary or registration office in PA and do the title work and get your PA titles to both the boat and trailer. I have purchased my last two boats from Ohio and titled them in PA. The first was a breeze, the second they gave me a little grief on the trailer which is when I had to get them the picture of the capacity plate.
    Dave

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
    2008 F-150 to tow it with

Yep. Bought our last one in Ohio. Boat title needs to be signed and notarized by the seller. Trailer likely to not have a title. Mine didn't even have the capacity plate but did have a VIN on the registration. I had the original notarized Statement of Manufacturers Origin. Went to 2 notaries and AAA and none could tell me how to title it. Called the DMV and was told to print out a form MV41 (or 241 maybe). Because there was no capacity plate I had to go to an enhanced inspection station to have the axle weights verified. If you have the capacity plate then I think you can just print out that form and take it to a notary.

Also, in PA all axles are required to have brakes on them. In Ohio they are not. Make sure the trailer axles all have brakes or you may have to cough up some cash to have them installed.