Default Removing the Allegheny brown stains on hull?

Boats out and pressured washed... but how do I removes the brown stain on side of hull? Hull cleaner removes the algae but does nothing on the brown stain! It's a fiberglass hull.

thanks

A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and lysol will work. I think the mixture is 60% peroxide, 40% lysol. Could be the other way around. Spray it on, let sit, brush it off. Worked on my last fiberglass boat.

I used a product called Mary Kate On/Off. For the most part there was no scrubbing except on the tougher spots

Slimy Grimy also works well. Mix it with hot water and spray on with a garden sprayer. Pressure wash it off.

Quote Originally Posted by www.stvowners.com View Post
    Boats out and pressured washed... but how do I removes the brown stain on side of hull? Hull cleaner removes the algae but does nothing on the brown stain! It's a fiberglass hull.

thanks
    I like toilet bowl cleaner and peroxide 50/50 mix. Get the cheap toilet bowl cleaner at the dollar store. It should be a wipe on/spray off application, although I have also sprayed it on hard to reach areas like around the outdrive and then sprayed it off with the garden hose. I have a 21 foot open bow and find that a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner ($1) and a bottle of peroxide (less than $1) will do my boat as many as 3 or 4 times.
    Last edited by 212 Captiva; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:46 AM.
    Dave

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
    2008 F-150 to tow it with

http://www.boatlocal.com/forums/show...t+bowl+cleaner
    Just make sure you dont use the kind with bleach