Thread: Peggy's

Default Peggy's

Can I get some more information about Peggy's? Can you have a dock box on the dock? Are you allowed to bring your own fuel down to the dock? I am not sure what is happening at Silky's, so I am weighing my options.

(412) 321-2805
    Call here. Best answer you can get

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy Greg View Post
    Can I get some more information about Peggy's? Can you have a dock box on the dock? Are you allowed to bring your own fuel down to the dock? I am not sure what is happening at Silky's, so I am weighing my options.
    Experienced at both. Silky's has more social opportunities due to the pier layout. Peggy's is single file along the river for most of it, which is good for wakes but not for socialization. Absolutely no fuel at Peggy's you will be shot if you even think about it. No launching on weekends or holidays at Peggy's as per the rules but friends have asked anyway. Metal docks at Peggys are a little loud if you care, but she has tires with carpets mounted all along them so no need for fenders which is a nice plus. She's tight about kids less than 12 years old walking on the docks without a life jacket so that might be a concern for you. Debris was not bad on the downstream docks. Very industrial feel. Peggy closes October 1. It was 80 on October 15 weekend last year.

Unfortunately Peggy's doesn't have a spot for me right now. They only have 1 slip for a 30' LOA boat and mine is 32' LOA. They also don't let you do your own maintenance on your boat, like oil changes and winterization. I also have a dock box, which isn't allowed either. I understand some of the rules, but not all of them. I guess I will be looking elsewhere. Thanks for the input.