Hybrid View

Default Substitute for bilge cleaner?

Is Bilge Cleaner mostly just a degreaser? West Marine is having a Memorial Day BOGO sale (Can you believe it?) and I was wondering if their All Surface Cleaner Degreaser would basically do the same thing as Bilge Cleaner? I'm trying to give some business to local West Marine because Amazon has got to be kicking their azz.

I just got some fenders there today because of the sale. They are price matching now and I have used it. Saved $20 on a quart of bottom paint a few weeks ago.

Simple Green. Use it on everything. Friendly on envioro too.
    2013 Chaparral 206SSI

Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Simple Green. Use it on everything. Friendly on envioro too.

A little bit of dawn works best. Just have some water in there and put some dawn in. Then drive it a bit and pump it 9ut later. It doesn't hurt anything environmentally and works as good as any bilge cleaner
    '87 Donzi 22 2+3- trailered
    '89 Formula 242LS- docked at outboard haven

Along with bilge cleaner, throw 2 7lb bags of ice in there. The abrasive nature of the ice will "scrub" the bilge clean. Once the ice melts, let the bilge pump remove the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy Greg View Post
    Along with bilge cleaner, throw 2 7lb bags of ice in there. The abrasive nature of the ice will "scrub" the bilge clean. Once the ice melts, let the bilge pump remove the water.
    Smart!

Quote Originally Posted by dbleil89 View Post
    A little bit of dawn works best. Just have some water in there and put some dawn in. Then drive it a bit and pump it 9ut later. It doesn't hurt anything environmentally and works as good as any bilge cleaner