Question Very beginning boaters.

My brother has bought a boat and we tried it out on Erie last summer , We are in our 70's and looking for something a little more serene,
    Like cruising the Ohio River, Between the 2 of us I'm sure we are going to have a ton of really dumb questions so please bare with me.
    Dale,

70s!! Never too late to live the boaters life. Welcome to our world. Never hesitate to ask any question. I also recommend taking the safe boaters course, which is linked to the Fish and Boat Commission's website. It has a lot of good info.

Also, what did your brother get??

Default very beginner boaters

Quote Originally Posted by Just A Boater View Post
    70s!! Never too late to live the boaters life. Welcome to our world. Never hesitate to ask any question. I also recommend taking the safe boaters course, which is linked to the Fish and Boat Commission's website. It has a lot of good info.

Also, what did your brother get??
    He got a really good deal on a 1984 21ft Sea Ray with a Cuddy cabin..It actually is his third boat thru the years.
    it has a 350 inboard Merc.
    I have ordered a manual called "Ohio River Guide Book ", but kind of old school and would rather hear first hand from the pros.
    Speaking of a 350 engine, about what speed will we average cruising the river and would we save money carrying our own gas..
    Thanks Dale..