Thread: Boat at PNC

Default Boat at PNC

Does anyone know this boat? PA2487CU It is tied to the wall at PNC Park. The rub rail is coming off and there is ice and snow on it. IMG_1125.JPGIMG_1126.JPG
    Last edited by Cableguy Greg; 12-13-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Just saw this on Facebook! Wanted to come here and join the conversation..

It was hard to tell for sure from the Ft Duquesne bridge this morning but it looked like this thing was mostly under water. I'll try to get a good look and a picture tomorrow.

It is sunk it was still good MOnday morning, but as of Tuesday morning it was under water, just the tip of the roof is showing.
    Irish Wake
    Regal Commedore 256

Thanks. A picture from my phone probably wasn't going to turn out from that distance anyways.

Is that boat still there with all the ice and high waters or did the current take her away?

I drive past there everyday on the way to and from work and you wont be able to tell if it is still there or if it got swept away until the water level goes down. It is no where in site right now but the water is also up over the wall.
    Irish Wake
    Regal Commedore 256

It was there on Saturday. The water was low enough to see it. I have access to a decent sized sump pump and I would be willing to help the guy out, but I don't think he cares.

Marty Griffin is going to have a story on this in our 6 O'clock news tonight.

Just watched the story on the news. The deal is... NO ONE has the authority to have the boat removed. Does that seem totally ridiculous? I guess it's a mix of jurisdiction. The city owns the wall, but the river is part of the ACE and PA Fish/game. Regardless, the people who own PNC paid for it's removal since it was an "Eye Sore" to the park. They will now sue the owner to recover the $$$$.

Marty said he talked and txt'ed with the owner, who said he would explain. But he stopped communicating, and the owner never said what happened. I know on an earlier story, the owner said he would have it removed when the weather improved.

Either way... it's gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish they would have made the owners name public so he could be publicly shamed.
    Last edited by Dr Honda; 03-28-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    Tony

2002 Seadoo Islandia w/240EFI Sport jet
    2000 Polaris Genesis
    1996 Seadoo XP 800

His name is out there. Join the Pittsburgh boating Facebook group. Lots of talk over the past few months about it.
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~