Cool Chesney June 2, 2018

Get your spot on the wall now, it is filling up fast!

This may be a dumb question, but I have never been there on Chesney weekend. I know the wall fills up. Can you actually hear the concert from water? Are all marinas full that weekend? Looking for a summary of what to expect if we brought the boat up. Thanks

The wall will be full for a few weeks before the concert. Most will go to their home marina after the concert and a few will stay the rest of the summer. You can not here the concert from the water. The stage is set up at the end where the big screen is and the speakers face away from the water. There might be a few marinas that have transient slips available. I would call a few well in advance of the concert. Getting a place to tie off is usually difficult. You have to know someone in the string or on the boat on the wall to get permission to raft off. Anchoring can be just as fun. Just make sure you have a good anchor set so you don't drift into others. The weather that early in the season is always a crap shoot. It can be great or it can be terrible. Same with the river.

Yes the wall will be full by mid may, people will put their boats in for the start of the season and take it straight to the wall. Like cableguy said you will have to know someone to raft off. We are usually down there and if we are down there I have no problem letting anyone raft off. Granted we get a spot on the wall, but we typically do not get our boat in until memorial day or right after so we will not get a spot I am sure. BUt feel free to look me up closer to the concert and if we are there you are more than welcomed to raft off.

You can't hear the concert if you are tied to the wall, everyone has their music paying, etc, but if you are out in the water you can hear it. I listened to U2 a few years back and I was anchored out in the river. Either way it is a good time weather permitting!
    Irish Wake
    Regal Commedore 256

thank you great info. any other big weekends on the river besides the 4th?

JUne 30th will be another big day because Luke Bryan announced he is playing down there also. Ribfest in September is always a big weekend down there as well that is labor day weekend.
    Irish Wake
    Regal Commedore 256

No anchoring this weekend ya jagoffs

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/...hesney-concert

Quote Originally Posted by FearTransylvania View Post
    No anchoring this weekend ya jagoffs

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/...hesney-concert
    You can anchor, you can't anchor in the navigation channel. You just have to anchor no further than 100' from shore.