Thread: 4th of July

Default 4th of July

I am stuck working through the 4th. I was thinking of taking the boat to work and meeting the family at Duffys to launch and then hanging out downtown for a couple of hours.
    Thoughts? Suggestions? Been there, done that?

Thanks,
    Jamie

I'm beginning to wonder if this forum is on life support.

Fourth of July has come and gone and there is nothing here. Nada.

I hope you went out. The weather people blew it again ....just like Fathers Day.

It was great weather and hardly anybody out between 12 and 18.

We got out on the 3rd. It was great. Gave up on weather forecasts a long time ago and I am a much happier boater.

This has really been a funny year for the river so far. Even this weekend, there was lots of debris out.

As for the forum being on life support, it's interesting to note that the Facebook page seems to have attracted more of a following. I wish we could keep more activity going here, as well. Along those lines, you'll be glad to know that there are some updates on the near horizon for the main PortKY.com site.
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura

Cool.

But I'm a dinosaur who doesn't do FB.

FB is an interesting medium, in that it captures certain generations more than others. People in their 40's and 50's spend most of their social media time on FB, then you've got the baby boomers who log in once a week to check on what their grandkids are doing. Ironically, those grandkids don't use their accounts much, favoring instead Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumbler. Having a PortKY.com FB page is just another way to reach out to our boaters.

I still think you can't beat a forum as a resource, but people want instant access to new information and videos.
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura