Thread: Rivers Edge

Default Rivers Edge

Heard Bob has a new barge headed his way. Anyone else heard if he is going to be up and running this season?
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

There was a pic on the Wife' FB from just below Heathers (Riverside Dr area) showing Bob towing it upriver yesterday (or maybe the day before).

Hopefully he'll get it going soon!!

Last weekend on the VHF Bob said he hoped to be up and running within 2 weeks !

The new barge is in place with a new store on it. Its about 2/3 the original size but better than nothing. Glad hes back.
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

Chatted with Bob on the VHS Sunday on way back from Pier 99.

Says two weeks. Says if he's not open by the 4th some bodies leaving town LOL

No pizza. Says he can't find anybody who wants to work.

He's excited. So am I.
    No telling what might be in the gas at the sinking barge and State Fire Marshall
    is giving the trucks grief about filling at private homes on the river.

Don't know where that's going but I'm sure it's in our "best interest". Yeah, right.

Hopefully he can get up and going without too much trouble. It will be good to have another option for fuel but it may take him a while to recover the same amount of business that he had before. The fuel trucks became popular on the river when it seemed as if the remaining fuel vendors began to gouge boaters. Most boaters understand that the on water cost may be somewhat higher but there is a limit to what most will accept as reasonable.
    The Muttley "Fleet"
    47' Gibson Cabin Yacht "Muttley Crew"
    2470 WA Pursuit "Kahotic"
    22' Velocity "Me Bad"

He opened up today, I filled up

Great news!

Thanks

Talked with Bob yesterday.

He's only open weekends and Holidays, BUT he said if anybody needs a amount (no jet ski's or runabouts) of fuel anytime to call him. He lives right by the barge now.

He's planning and has built for add on barges and more pumps.

He's also planning on all pumps having card readers for 24/7 service, PLUS a self serve ICE machine.

Most importantly, he's selling Valvetech fuel. True marine grade fuel. I've read very good things about this stuff.
    Last edited by Carver36; 07-04-2017 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Added info

Does anyone know, or can ask, if Bob is selling ethenol free fuel?

Look up Valverech
    Last edited by Carver36; 07-08-2017 at 10:48 AM.

This site will not let me spell what I want.

It is V A L V T E C T

Quote Originally Posted by Carver36 View Post
    Look up Valverech
    Did.... Looks like an additive that Bob can put in his tank that is a combination of seafoam and stabil. Still would rather see he source ethanol free fuel which is available from Marathon in Indiana I believe in 89 octane variety.

To me this is lost in the Louisville area, around Lake Cumberland you can find stations catering to boaters by offering ethanol free gas.

Maybe he is, that would be great!
    Chad Gnadinger
    2008 25' Crest II w/ 150hp Evinrude E-TEC
    Tartan's Landing Marina

Speaking of River's Edge, Bob was the first to contact me (almost instantly!) when I put the ad up on FB for our extra PWC dock. He's installing it so that people with a PWC will have a better experience visiting his store. Another good investment for our boating community!
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura

Quote Originally Posted by ChadGnad View Post
    Did.... Looks like an additive that Bob can put in his tank that is a combination of seafoam and stabil. Still would rather see he source ethanol free fuel which is available from Marathon in Indiana I believe in 89 octane variety.

To me this is lost in the Louisville area, around Lake Cumberland you can find stations catering to boaters by offering ethanol free gas.

Maybe he is, that would be great!
    All I know is Bob told me "I'm selling Valvtect fuel". However his place is not listed as a dealer on this site. http://www.valvtect.com/marineFuelGasoline.asp

Hopefully it's good stuff whatever he has

Ok.

Bought fuel Sunday. Bob said the fuel is Marathon 10% ethanol, with the Valvtect additives.

Says he can't get ethanol free fuel around here.

Barry (Albert Oil) says he can't get it either.

I think we can quit wishing and hoping for ethanol free.

Last weekend I ran up to Cincinnati for the weekend and purchased fuel for the return trip at the Four Seasons Marina. 91 octane without ethanol. Also filled up at River's Edge and spoke with Bob who said that he has two more barges coming & a pump out station.
    The Muttley "Fleet"
    47' Gibson Cabin Yacht "Muttley Crew"
    2470 WA Pursuit "Kahotic"
    22' Velocity "Me Bad"