Default Tips for better anchoring outside PNC Park?

Slow anchor slip takes some of the fun out of boating there, especially on a crowded night. I have a Danforth. Is the Danforth the best anchor design for here? Any thoughts on the success of going with a larger anchor than what is normally recommended for the size of the boat?

Bigger anchor is always better, but that won't make up for anchoring incorrectly. I have danforths and they work well in the mud bottoms we have. Make sure you have 5' of chain on the anchor and leave out 7-10' of line per foot of water depth and you should get hooked up well. Also, you can tie to the big concrete wall outside the park as well, lol
    good luck!

My digger anchor has yet to let me down in the river
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~

Quote Originally Posted by Shock Loaded View Post
    Bigger anchor is always better, but that won't make up for anchoring incorrectly. I have danforths and they work well in the mud bottoms we have. Make sure you have 5' of chain on the anchor and leave out 7-10' of line per foot of water depth and you should get hooked up well. Also, you can tie to the big concrete wall outside the park as well, lol
    good luck!
    During higher flow rates around 20kcf/s, I see many boats dragging anchors. Several boaters have said that the bottom is mostly bedrock outside PNC. It's not a problem during low flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Traillblazer View Post
    My digger anchor has yet to let me down in the river
    By digger, do you mean the plow style anchor?

2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~