Default CLR and hull cleaning...

I trailer my boat but it still gets cruddy on the Allegheny even only with an afternoon out. Has anyone used CLR or suggest a product to use.

Try a mixture of Lysol toilet bowel cleaner and hydrogen peroxide. I think the mixture is 60% Lysol/40% Hydrogen Peroxide, it works great. Spray it on, let it sit, and power wash it off.

Quote Originally Posted by www.stvowners.com View Post
    I trailer my boat but it still gets cruddy on the Allegheny even only with an afternoon out. Has anyone used CLR or suggest a product to use.
    Power 1 is by far the best I've ever used. No fumes, easy on, easily removes the "river ring".
    https://power1one.wordpress.com

My husband uses Slimy Grimy on ours and works great. We buy it on Amazon.

I also use toilet bowl cleaner and hydrogen peroxide and mix it 50/50 and it works great...keep,in mind the toilet bowl cleaner is an acid and needs to be thoroughly washed off, just like the hill off west marine sells for $60 ..u can make the same amount from the dollar store for about $6 I'm guessing.....just be sure to rinse with lots of water , I use it at season end and it works wonders and u don't get ripped off by marine retailers selling same thing for ten times as much

Walmart in Natrona had the Starbrite product for under $10... so I went that route