Default Fake/Scam USCG documentation letter

Got this in the mail yesterday, it has supposedly been going around since last fall but Ive never heard of it. My bs meter went off immediately. I know my documentation is valid and paid. I also had not heard of a renewal rate increase so their fee sounded suspicious. Hope this info helps someone else avoid a headache.

The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

I hate to admit it, but I bit and paid for 2 yrs. I got USCG renewal letter a week later and realized....I called USCG and they know of it and stated a lot of people bit (there lawyers are looking into it). Good news is Scammers actually did send me my documentation (USCG did have to send it to them first). I tried to get $ back for 2nd year and they refused (credit only for other documentation services...). I hated to lose the extra $, but I did get doc for this yr.
    Matthew Bell
    Rinker Cruiser - "ElevenBells"
    LYC

They charge $25 a year to renew your documentation now,correct? Or did I fall for the scam?
    __________________________________________________ ______
    1999 Carver Mariner 350
    "The DogHouse"
    HLYC Prospect Ky.

That sounds correct, just deal with the Coast Guard directly.
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

If you are unsure if you still have a valid registration, you can go here to look your boat up. I put my vessel's name, flag and service type in and I found my info. You can also see when you last got boarded. It is a link below your information.

https://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/PSIXSearch.aspx

I put in everything and it says I can't be found. Even though they cash the checks..........

Hopefully, this is a good thing. ;-)

EDIT:

I did find me on another site :(
    Last edited by Carver36; 05-11-2017 at 05:46 AM. Reason: added info