Thread: Spun Prop

Default Spun Prop

Hi everyone. I recently spun my propeller and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on where to go to get it rehubbed. I called a couple local service shops but was getting a wide variety of prices. Do most people ship them off to be repaired?

Thanks in advance!

What kind of propeller and what size is it. If it's a regular aluminum propeller I would just go buy a new one
    '87 Donzi 22 2+3- trailered
    '88 VIP 2300 Vindicator - Docked at O'Hara Harbor

It's an aluminum 3-blade prop. If I just decide to get a new prop can you recommend what size and pitch would be best (if I don't get the same as I currently have) for a inboard 21' boat that is used primarily on the rivers. I'm a new boat owner so any info would be appreciated! Thanks!!

Looks for numbers on the old prop. Also need to know what WOT RPM!

Sadly there is more information needed then the size of the boat. If the boat ran well and was in the peak rpm range for the motor in it when athe full throttle then the prop you have is good. It also depends on what you want the boat to do. This will determine if you want a 3, 4, or 5 blade prop. Mercury Marine has a good site to find out what is the best prop for your needs. What I would do is just Google the numbers on the prop and go from there.
    '87 Donzi 22 2+3- trailered
    '88 VIP 2300 Vindicator - Docked at O'Hara Harbor

Consider calling Delta Propellers in Cincinnati. I've purchased a couple from them and they are very helpful.

http://www.deltaprop.com/

Blackburn Marine picks up propellers at most of the boat dealers and boat shops in Pittsburgh on Wednesdays. Prop repairs, prop rehubs, skeg repairs, etc.