Default Jet boat opinions

Hello Fellow Boaters~

We are looking to upgrade our boat and are considering a Jet Boat. We're finding that they are not extremely popular. Anyone have experience with one? Pros? Cons? Any advice is appreciated! TIA

I am unexperienced with a jet boat, but I will tell you they are very popular at Raystown. Yamahas are all over the lake there. I know someone that had a 24' Yamaha and loved it. Their biggest problem was learning how to drive it in tight spaces. As soon as you hit neutral you lose all steering. Like anything you just have to get the feel of it.
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~

Well my husband is doing the researching and most are made by Yamaha. Now that Chaparral is making them, he is leaning toward that brand. Probably between 22-24 foot. He likes the idea of not having the worry of a prop and outdrive.

I presume they would have 2 engines and in general jet boats use way more than prop and outdrive type boats. U need to compare closely between the 2 along with performance spec's. With the same power(HP) the prop and outdrive boat is usually faster and uses less fuel. That's my 2 cents and looking for others to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlipperz View Post
    Well my husband is doing the researching and most are made by Yamaha. Now that Chaparral is making them, he is leaning toward that brand. Probably between 22-24 foot. He likes the idea of not having the worry of a prop and outdrive.

Good point. Thanks.