Default Vessel View Mobile App

Has anyone seen or heard of the new Vessel View Mobile App that Mercury is coming out with? It seems like it would be a great tool for knowing what your engine is up to.

http://www.boatingmag.com/mercury-ma...iew-mobile-app

IMG_8344.jpg IMG_8345.jpg IMG_8343.jpg
    Last edited by Cableguy Greg; 09-13-2016 at 12:35 PM.

I added some screen shots of the app working on my boat if anyone is interested...

Default App location?

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy Greg View Post
    I added some screen shots of the app working on my boat if anyone is interested...
    Hi Greg,

it looks really nice. Where exactly did you get VesselView app? Although Mercury announced it in March, I could not find any download link. And some folks mentioned that Mercury postponed the release. Any link would be welcome.

It is currently in beta testing. I am not sure when the formal release will take place.

Hey Greg,

Just got mine in the mail as one of the second round testers. I may have some install questions. I plan on doing it this weekend.

It's not that hard. Just make sure you use a terminator on the open port of the VVM device. I had mine installed and running in 15 minutes. I wire tied it to the factory harness rather than drilling holes in the boat. My install pics are on the other site. If you have any questions, hit me up on here or the other site. I am usually checking them regularly.

If anyone is interested in getting the module and the free app, Mercury has released it to the public. The part number for the module is 8M0115080. It is a cool product and I was happy to have gotten to beta test it. It works on outboards and I/O's as long as they are SmartCraft capable. Check engine serial numbers before you purchase.

That looks like a cool app. I looked into getting Vessel View for my boat, but I couldn't justify the cost. I wonder if any of the local dealers are going to stock it or are we going to have to get the module online? The online prices don't look bad.

I just received VVM for Christmas from my wonderful wife. The instructions are either super vague or it is just that east to install. I have a 2 engine application and will not be able to get to the boat to work on the install for a couple weeks as it is on the lift at the lake and I want to make sure I have everything I need when I go. Could you give me any idea from your install? does it need anything except the kit? Any help you can give would be great as there is not much info on the net yet on this. I cant wait to get it installed. Thx in advance for any info.

I have a single engine, and it was very easy. If you already have some Smartcraft gauges on your boat, then the wires should be ran to the helm and a J box installed. If not, you will need a J box and two extension lines to bring the smartcraft info to the helm, then install the Bluetooth device at the helm. Here is what was ordered from one of the beta testers with twin IO's. You might want to check with a dealer for your specific setup.

Below is what i ordered, which was about $350
    2 of pn 879981t25 - engine data harnesses
    2 of pn 878492k14 - two jboxes with 2 weather caps on each
    1 of pn 891957k01 - CAN Link Harness
    1 of pn 892323t01 - Dual engine instrument harness. The BT module plugs in here.

Hello
    This is my first post here.
    I'm from Brazil, and I installed my Vessel view mobile yesterday on my boat.
    I have a Mercruiser 5.0 2014.
    It's very nice and worked perfectly.
    For me the best is about the fuel consumption. Now I can manage fuel, range etc, without have to take a note.
    I'm preparing a video about installation and configuration.

It's not that hard. Just make sure you use a terminator on the open port of the VVM device. I had mine installed and running in 15 minutes. I wire tied it to the factory harness rather than drilling holes in the boat. My install pics are on the other site. If you have any questions, hit me up on here or the other site. I am usually checking them regularly.
    Greg, Thanks for the info. What other site? The app appears to be free but the module is available for purchase at $275? Is this correct? The vessel view website says its still under construction. Is it still in beta testing?

It's no longer in beta testing. You have to purchase the module, install it, then download the app. I am not sure why the VVM website states that it is under construction.

It's no longer in beta testing. You have to purchase the module, install it, then download the app. I am not sure why the VVM website states that it is under construction.
    I don't want to spend the money if the module isn't fully functional yet due to it being under construction. Is it fully functional? Does a Mercruiser dealer need to install it? Or any boat mechanic? Or is it easy enough to do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I don't want to spend the money if the module isn't fully functional yet due to it being under construction. Is it fully functional? Does a Mercruiser dealer need to install it? Or any boat mechanic? Or is it easy enough to do it yourself?
    The app is fully functioning but the integrated website is not working yet. The website will provide additional details and support as well as keep a database of issues and details related to your engine(s).

It is easy enough to install your self but I had a mechanic do it because I already needed some work done.