Thread: RedBull Flugtag

Default RedBull Flugtag

Anyone going down. Looks like they are going to have the docks at WFP bouyed off but it says on their site you can anchor right by the take off point. Looks like a good time.

All commercial traffic will be closed from 9-5 Sat.
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

Going to try. Weather looks good and looks like they made it boater friendly. Nice that they had info on their site for boaters.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMymoney View Post
    Anyone going down. Looks like they are going to have the docks at WFP bouyed off but it says on their site you can anchor right by the take off point. Looks like a good time.

All commercial traffic will be closed from 9-5 Sat.
    We plan on be there. Got a few coming down to the boat. Got some burgers and dogs to grill out while there

Quote Originally Posted by njoynit View Post
    We plan on be there. Got a few coming down to the boat. Got some burgers and dogs to grill out while there
    Today was a good anchoring class day

We started to head down but all the radio chatter made it sound like a mad house. we went to the cove and after the storm blew through, i picked up quickly, sounds like alot of blowing around down there.
    Looked like a lot of fun otherwise.
    Chris Morris
    Austin-Tatious IV - Monticello River Yacht
    ?- 2013 Malibu 24 MXZ
    T8TrTot - 340 Yachtliner
    Louisville Yacht Club

Anchoring was a challenge with the changing winds and the crowd of boats. Really surprised there were so many craft. Was a good time and am sure they will come back judging by the crowd on shore.

Had a blast...till the wind and the storm came through. Spent the next half of the day making sure a 65 foot megayacht didn't knock the bow off my boat...good times!haha
    __________________________________________________ ______
    1999 Carver Mariner 350
    "The DogHouse"
    HLYC Prospect Ky.

What an amazing event! Some predicted there were more boats than Thunder.

As for us, we had a band event we had to get home for in the evening, so we scooted around the edges. Our little Whaler handles rough seas pretty well, but the ride down past Cox Park was absolutely horrible. With all the 30-40' boats making wakes, there were times I thought I was on Lake Erie with its 6' swells located close together. We saw an overloaded pontoon that we thought was going to go over.

Once we got down there, it was hard to describe how many boats were packed in. I thought everybody did pretty well considering that there was wind and current. We were hoping to tie off with Capt. Joe, but there way no way we could get to him, much less expect to skip out early. Joe's got some pretty good pictures that I'll see if I can share to the PortKY.com Facebook link.
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura

I was at Cox Park dock at 10:30. There were so many boats going by, I ripped the cleat off the dock! Dropping off after the event we just used the dingy to get people to shore. For future reference.....never tie up there unless they fix it....it was sad how bad of shape it was in. Huge bolts sticking out,most all of the wood on the front of it was broke off, and I think I took out the last cleat!
    __________________________________________________ ______
    1999 Carver Mariner 350
    "The DogHouse"
    HLYC Prospect Ky.

I would say more boats than Thunder for sure
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner