Default New boat sales??? Any deals out there??

With the economy being soft, what are the current discounts a person can expect to get on a new boat??? What are the financing options??? Length of loan?? and going rate??? I am thinking of trading in or selling my 96 Rinker Festiva on a newer Four Winns Cuddy or maybe even a used Baja..Whats the general opinion of everyone out there???

Thanks, Daron
    Enjoying the 3 rivers of Pittsburgh Four Winns 268 Vista (SockMonkey)
    BOATLOCAL.com ROCKS
    Stop bye and have a beverage or two...

Daron,
    without a trade, you can expect the deal of a lifetime. No one is moving boats right now. With a trade, you will expect to take a bath on your boat. There is no deals on financing. .

GSent is right - it is a buyers market right now. But you would be better off selling your Rinker outright as opposed to trading it in. However, you never know until you try. Some dealers may have someone looking for what you have.

By the way, if you talk to any dealers that are our sponsors, tell them you saw their ad on BoatPittsburgh.com. If you go to any dealers that are not on our site, ask them why they don't sponsor us!!!!

Good luck!

I was at a number of dealers before I found my boat, I got the feeling that things are REALLY slow and that come Fall a lot of deals will be had.

Personally if I was looking for new I would wait till Fall.

Chuck

I will mention Boat Pittsburgh at any dealer I go too. I plan on looking at a few used Four Winns at P&L, and a used Baja at Fox Chapel...Any person a good choice to deal with at those locations??? I did buy a few boats years ago from Ed (p&l) when he had a dealership in Beaver County...

Thanks, Daron
    BOATLOCAL.com ROCKS

At p n l see don stone.
    At fox chapel, eddy steinhauser is as good as it gets. He used to own c and e marina, sold many brands of boats, and very knowledgeable.

As an example.. I got an email from Shogren Marine in Chicago. They have two 2004 Fountain 35 Executioners that are normally listed for about 120K. They were offering each in the email for 89K for a three day sale. Goes without saying, if you are willing to list it at that for three days, you will negotiate any day of the week. Take your time, look around and dont be afraid to lowball and be willing to walk. If one deal does not work out, there are plenty out there.

We are in no hurry, and have walked away twice in the last 30 days...Both have called back many times..... I will find what I want and need sometime....Probably when I stop looking so hard,,,

Daron
    BOATLOCAL.com ROCKS

Daron,

Are you still trying to sell your boat, if so what do you have. If you dont and have bought a new one where did you buy it from and what kind of experiances did you have. Also, I am at mckeepsoint on I dock. Do you know anyone down there selling, looking for 24-28 foot cruiser. Thanks Gogo

I just bought a boat at millers marina in green cove right off of 88.
    There were very friendly.. they were willing to negotiate and willing to throw in extras to get me to buy.

If you head down there.. let me know so you can drop my name.

which boat did you buy from miller's

19 foot bayliner.

My Father inlaw picked up a 2004 Larson Carbrio 260 Cheap from -> http://www.yachtauctions.com/

They are located near the Mistake on the Lake.

SMoken deals on cruisers. Not to many boats under 24ft.

that place sucks they have shady deals and would not send any of my freinds there but that was just my exp.

Well we thought the same thing. Had to make two trips up there and a 2 weeks of calling to finalize crap. It was not the smoothest experience but if your looking for a newer boat with out the newer price tag this place does have deals. I would not go there without a machanic or someone who knows boats. everything is " as is "

We bid on a boat, it was junk when we went to see it. We found 2 other boats, made a deal on one. The freeze plug was popped and asked they fix that. took 2 weeks for them to get to it. This is where it got shady. They fixed it and right. Now we have a smoken new boat with 91 hrs. CHEAP.

Similar to buying a foreclosed home. Its not easiest process but you can find a deal and save lots of $$$$$$.