Thread: Where To Begin

Default Where To Begin

Hello All-

My name is Jay. I am a single man in my early forties. In a couple years after my daughter goes off to college, I am very much considering living aboard a boat. (Year Round). I have time to learn so that is what I want to do. How does one begin to find out the information needed to accomplish this goal.

I grew up in Toledo, being exposed to boating culture, and I have always thought about trying this. Hey? YOLO right?

Thanks

Jay

You may want to contact Oakmont Yacht club in Oakmont, PA. Their contact info is here on the site. They have many members who store their boats in the water year round and many who live aboard as well. See if they have dockage or any marina for that matter then buy your boat. If you can get in at Oakmont, they have a great group of people and I'm sure they can lead you down the right road. Ask for Gary as he is the dock master. Good luck

Fox Chapel has a few year rounders. They had a write up in the paper last fall about a couple that lives there all year.

Beaver Valley Yacht club has year round docking and some good people to discuss with. Email them and ask for Ray

Terry is selling his 50'er at the yacht club as well. It's cheap but needs some as well, he's lived in it for years. Pm me for details
    I think there's also a nice blue water that's over capable up there as well
    You can find them through capt Al or capt Ray on there link on the homepage
    Hope it helps

I say, go for it! We moved on to our 50' houseboat last January 2016. It's the best decision we've ever made!