Default 2016 Louisville boat show

Anyone thinking about going? The floor plan looks good with a lot of vendors. Wouldnt mind going just to talk with friends in the business, especially Bob to see whats new with Rivers Edge.

If you buy tickets before the show theyre only $10. Kids under 16 are free.
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

Unable to go this year, but please get the update on River's Edge. We need him to open!

Not sure that I'll make it but I too would be interested in what's going on with Bob. We need him back.
    The Muttley "Fleet"
    47' Gibson Cabin Yacht "Muttley Crew"
    2470 WA Pursuit "Kahotic"
    22' Velocity "Me Bad"

Will go on Saturday. Good to get the mind going with what I need to do, should do and dream to do.

Are there any cruiser boats at the show this year?

Four Winns 214 - My brother and I attended Thursday afternoon from noon to 4 PM. Attendance was sparse but the parking lots full! The show is much larger this year. More pontoons than I've ever seen before. Lots of runabouts, pwcs too. One house boat, literally a HOUSE boat! Also a large fiberglass swimming pool if you want to float your boat at home!

If you mean Cruisers brand boats I didn't see any, nor did I see any cruiser type boats. The Razor (correct spelling?) boat was interesting. It is fiberglass, from the front appears to be a pontoon configuration, but "morphs" to a V hull towards the stern.

The other really interesting thing was a pontoon accessory called the Boat Guard. Its an invention by a small business owner from Michigan. It replaces a cockpit cover. It's permanently installed and encloses the entire boat and outboard with a 5 or 6' high cover in a minute or less, and folds up as quickly. When folded it has a boot to enclose it just like a biminni. Having watched friends struggle putting the cockpit covers on their pontoons, if I owned one, the boat guard is something I'd like to have.

Hope you enjoy the show.
    Brondall
    Pero - Cruisers 2670 Rogue
    Prospect, KY

Capt. Joe had some pretty good pictures, and he posted them to Facebook. Be sure to check them out on the PortKY Facebook page.
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura

Good news.........talked to Bob for a little bit yesterday and he said he will be open this season. Not certain on an exact date but said he is going to make it happen. He is still going back and forth with insurance but is buying a temporary barge and a single double sided pump for now. No supply store or pizza/snacks/drinks in the works anytime soon.

The show was great, really big and it was crazy busy yesterday.
    The only thing that works on an old boat is the owner

Sorry to say I had to be absent this year. It was the price I had to pay to be home over the holidays, and I missed seeing all my boating friends that I usually only see in the warmer weather.

I've had a few people ask if there are going to be new River Cards for 2016, and the answer is "Yes." We're working on a few updates, and they'll be available at all the usual places.

Glad to hear it was a good event this year! Now when I think of "Great," I remember Miami:

http://www.boatlocal.com/photos/tags...Boat-Show-2014

Thanks for the update on River's Edge, let's hope it happens. It seems unusual for insurance not to be settled in the amount of time that has passed.

Agreed, hope we get Bob's River's Edge back in the water this year!