Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Bravo III Gear Oil

Default Bravo III Gear Oil

Anyone using something other than Mercury gear oil? I wanted to change it this weekend but don't really want to make a 2-3 hr round trip to run to one of the Pittsburgh dealers to buy 3 quarts of oil. I looked at Quicksilver but it was all rated for lower horsepower drives. Thoughts? I am in Westmoreland Co.
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~

Quicksliver gear oil should be the same thing as Mercury gear oil, except you can buy it at most WalMarts (in the sporting goods section). You need the "High Performance" lube, not the "Premium" lube. (same as when buying the Mercury branded version).
    Last edited by 212 Captiva; 10-30-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add information
    Dave

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
    2008 F-150 to tow it with

I checked it out at Walmart but it is only good for low hp outboards. I will research it and post my findings
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240
    ~Living the dream at Raystown, Cheat, Deep Creek, Loyalhanna, Yough and the 3 Rivers~

You were looking at the "Premium" lube. You need to look at the "High Performance" lube. Says right on the front label "for all mercruiser stern drives".
    Dave

2002 Rinker 212 Captiva
    2008 F-150 to tow it with

Quicksilver High Performance is rated for OVER 75 HP. Looks like I need to track it down. My local Walmart doesn't carry any.
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240

Missed your reply... Time to search
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240

Amazon has it.

No luck at 3 Walmart. Bought it at Gander Mountain. I wanted it for today so I can do it and get the boat in the mine this week. Merc brand isn't prime eligible or I would have bought it there
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240

If your close to New Stanton then go here Boat-Fish-Fun shop. Been using them since 1999... very honest Mercury dealer to deal with.

1409 US-119, Mt Pleasant, PA 15666
    Phone724) 547-9499

I have head the name. Never been there. Boat is done and went underground a few hours ago. 1,000 units already inside and 500 reservations still to go in (Brady's Bend)
    2005 Sea Ray Sundeck 240