Default Nautical Flea Market

Hey guys the flea market will be this coming weekend. I went last year to the first one and saw lots of good items change hands. I copied the following from the HCBOA site to share. I'll have a table there this year and hope to move a few items although I already know that I'll end up coming home after purchasing more.

The 2nd Annual Nautical Flea Market (Louisville's largest) is coming to River Park Place Marina, in downtown Louisville on Saturday, May 30, 2015.

Hosted by River Park Place Marina and the Harrods Creek Boat Owners Association (HCBOA), the Nautical Flea Market sponsored by Paradigm Yacht Sales will include new and used marine and boating equipment, parts, supplies, gear and more! In addition, marine dealers, brokers and individual sellers will have boats available for purchase. Over 100 vendors and sellers are expected to be at the event.

The event is open from 8 am to 1 pm. and will be held at the River Park Place Marina parking lot for buyers browsing convenience. River Park Place Marina is located at 1250 River Road in downtown Louisville near Waterfront Park. Admission to the Nautical Flea Market, as well as parking, is free.

"This will be a fun day and a great opportunity for buyers and sellers, who love boats and boating to get together and find great deals on all kinds of marine gear, even boats" says George East, of Paradigm Yacht Sales. "This is the largest event of its kind to be held in Louisville and River Park Place Marina is the perfect location to host the it. Its location near Waterfront Park allows for a big turnout of venders and sellers. Free parking is provided during the day. No doubt about it, there will be some amazing buying opportunities".

There will be a number of trailerable boats of all sizes including in-water boats offered for sale. Food and beverages will be available for purchase with a family friendly atmosphere of marine shopping.

Vendor space for dealers, suppliers, retail outlets and individual sellers are available for rent by e-mailing at hcboaclub@gmail.com or go to www.hcboa.com East continued, "we expect a sizable number of individual sellers to join in to offer one-of-a kind items, unique parts and gear that will be a great value to the boating community".

And a party to follow....

In addition to the Nautical Flea Market, the Harrods Creek Boat Owners Association (HCBOA), will host its Boating Season Kick Off Party, later that afternoon and evening, at River Park Place Marina. Food and beverage will be offered for sale. HCBOA's Mark Windhorst explains, "the entire day and evening will be full of fun. There is a great demand for a boater related flea market, and to have our first party for the boating community occur on the same day, at the same location, makes this such a unique event".
    The Muttley "Fleet"
    47' Gibson Cabin Yacht "Muttley Crew"
    2470 WA Pursuit "Kahotic"
    22' Velocity "Me Bad"

We're not going to have a booth this year, but will have a stack of river cards for whoever wants one at the Louisville Sail and Power Squadron. Also, we're looking at passing out beer koozies somewhere out there. Last year was a really good event for our boaters!
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura

Anybody find anything good down there? The cute little 13' Boston Whaler that sold last year was back, but I made the mistake of bringing the budget director along and had to leave it there for somebody else to buy.

Overall, I was surprised to find it only about 40% the size of last year's event. There were a handful of vendors that backed-out at the last minute due to the forecast of rain, yet the weather in the morning was fabulous.

Thanks again to the Louisville Sail & Power Squadron for making the "River Cards" available to our boaters!
    "Escape Pod" Boston Whaler 180 Ventura