Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Me my son and my FIL are thinking of next Sunday.

LIl Buggy,

That's the problem I am having a hard time finding something that is thick enough to cover the seams but also flexible enough to bend with the curve of the head? I have tried a few different types of wood and plastic and nothing seems to be flexible enough to go with the "curve" of the boat, and it just looks like a bad job right now. I was even thinking there maybe some type of like color foam to put in there but haven't been able to find really anything.

Next step is paying someone to fix it and hate to do that if we can figure it out, lol
    Irish Wake
    Regal Commedore 256

Deisel,
    I've seen 3/4 to 1 inch rope used for seams that looked ok
    But nothing beats sown in seams
    U will just have to lay it out real carefully and mark it well! And then hook it up with loops like car headliners are done
    Myself,, I'd try the rope and if it looks ok go with it
    Or get some monkey fur !

Hope it helps
    Mark
    LIL BUGGY
    89 Rinker Fiesta Vee 250 5.7 Mercruiser
    73 SeaGoing houseboat (under construction)

Floor is in!

Default Amazing work and request for help

Brittinusa,

I am amazed by the great work you are doing on your new boat. I too have recently bought a 1989 Fiesta Vee (a project boat). This last winter I rewired the entire boat upgrading along the way. The last major upgrade I would like to accomplish before dropping in the water is updating the toilet (head) as the previous one had been removed. I plan on doing major interior cabin remodel next winter and might copy some of your work.

My question:
    Before I start tearing apart the bathroom to see if a waste holding tank is location somewhere in there (maybe under the hump where the toilet is installed). Do you know if your boat has a holding tank. If so, do you know where it is located. I do have a fresh water tank in the engine room, but this is definitely only a large single tank for fresh water.

Could you take a picture of the bathroom so I can see if our boat are truly the same.

Since we both have the same boat I would really like to maintain contact as we might be able to help each other as needed during our project.

Thanks
    Dan4307

Quote Originally Posted by dan4307 View Post
    Brittinusa,

I am amazed by the great work you are doing on your new boat. I too have recently bought a 1989 Fiesta Vee (a project boat). This last winter I rewired the entire boat upgrading along the way. The last major upgrade I would like to accomplish before dropping in the water is updating the toilet (head) as the previous one had been removed. I plan on doing major interior cabin remodel next winter and might copy some of your work.

My question:
    Before I start tearing apart the bathroom to see if a waste holding tank is location somewhere in there (maybe under the hump where the toilet is installed). Do you know if your boat has a holding tank. If so, do you know where it is located. I do have a fresh water tank in the engine room, but this is definitely only a large single tank for fresh water.

Could you take a picture of the bathroom so I can see if our boat are truly the same.

Since we both have the same boat I would really like to maintain contact as we might be able to help each other as needed during our project.

Thanks
    Dan4307
    Hi, Thank you for the compliment!
    I will take a picture when I get home, but yours should be the same, there is no waste tank if you have a large drain hose going out the wall then it would have been fitted with a camping style toilet with the holding tank built in.
    I will be happy to help in any way I can!
    Heres a good Rinker forum, just search for me on there Britinusa, I have all the threads of the work I did
    This thread should help with the head
    http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com...2916/toilet/p1
    Last edited by Britinusa; 04-29-2016 at 07:28 PM.