Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
exhaust bellows. I think??

Default exhaust bellows. I think??

The bigger one, also the lower of the two that I see. Its split open at one of the folds. I stuck my finger in there, and there's nothing in it. Is this the exhaust? Should I be immediately worried about it? Tried to attach a picture but it keeps saying upload failed. 3L mercruiser. This corrugated hose runs from the transom and attaches to the drive. Supposed to go fishing this weekend and hoping to ease my mind. Haha. Thanks guys!
    'day at the zoo'

The bottom one is the exhaust bellows. When the drive is up, it is the one that stretches the most. You can replace it with a cheater tube. The one that is higher up is the drive shaft bellows. If it is cracked, get it replaced ASAP.

I went through the same thing this spring. You can run with the exhaust bellows like that. In fact, you can run without the bellows on at all. When replacing it, get a bellows replacement tube. They are very easy to install and cheap. I got mine for about $20. If you bet a bellows, you will also need a special tool and a lot of patience. The only drawback of the tube is that it doesn't have a good seal with the out drive (doesn't connect at all when trimmed up) and you will be a little more noisy. But, on the other hand, you will have better exhaust flow.

At any rate, it isn't an emergency.

Thank you both for putting my mind at ease. Probably will go with a cheat tube for now, until something happens that the drive has to come off.
    'day at the zoo'