Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.boatlocal.com/controls/phpMenu.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 999 No Hacking in H:\root\home\boatnet-001\www\boatlocal\forums\includes\class_bootstrap.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
jet skiing on the Mon River

Default jet skiing on the Mon River

Is it possible to take a jet ski from Morgantown, WV to Pittsburgh, PA via the Monongahela River, through the various locks? If so, how long would it take?

Pleasant Hills, Pennsylvania, United States

The only way i know is you would have to tie the jet ski to someones boat in order to go through the locks. You are NOT allowed to go into the locks riding the ski. If i am wrong i apolize but i really believe im right.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmfh View Post
    The only way i know is you would have to tie the jet ski to someones boat in order to go through the locks. You are NOT allowed to go into the locks riding the ski. If i am wrong i apolize but i really believe im right.
    I've seen jet skis lock through, as long as they have a rope. I don't believe there is a rule against it, but I could be wrong.

http://www.lrp.usace.army.mil/pubs/celrpp_1130_1_10.pdf

Army Corps of Engineers pamphlet on locking through. Check out the second instruction on the second page. Keep in mind that from Morgantown Lock back to Fairmont the locks are not open 24 hours. Your good from Point Marion down.
    Last edited by Flash3x; 06-20-2012 at 08:45 PM.

A stand up jetski, you can only go through if you raft off another boat. You can not lock through by yourself

A sit down jetski (or waverunner if you will) can be locked through by themself. Provided they have a line. Or they can also raft off of another boat if they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by JETDADDY View Post
    Is it possible to take a jet ski from Morgantown, WV to Pittsburgh, PA via the Monongahela River, through the various locks? If so, how long would it take?
    Hope you plan out where you will gas up on the way.....

Chuck

That would be an awesome trip, DO IT!

I dock my jet ski at McKeesport and I take it through the Braddock lock down to Pgh all the time. It takes about 25 min from there. It is not hard at all to lock through just make sure u have a long rope tied to it b4 u get there. I take a marine radio with me to call ahead because they rarely hear the cord being pulled to alert them.