Thread: Boat Work

Default Boat Work

Had some questions and figured this would be the best place to find some answers.

As I'm looking forward to getting the boat ready for May, I have a few items I need to get taken care of before getting it to the water. If anyone knows of a good place that can do any or all of the following for a Pontoon boat, if you could suggest a place, I'd appreciate it.

Main one - Need to get some upholstery repaired, some of the old stitching has been coming loose on one of the lounge seats and a corner of the captains chair. Can't take the seats out, so I need to take the whole boat someplace to get worked on, or have someone come to me.

Need to get a swim ladder replaced for the back of the boat, I have the new ladder, just can't get under the deck to mount it. Thinking someone more familiar is probably better at this than me tearing apart etc.

Need to get the gas gauge fixed, I'm thinking its just the connector or float, but not something I know how to fix.

Need to have someone look at the oil sensor in the Evinrude outboard. Oil is working fine, but the light goes on and off, so the sensor may be going bad.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

Give some of our sponsors a call. We have a few canvas people that also do vinyl work that advertise on the site and most of the dealers/shops can handle the other repairs. Many of the businesses on here I personally use and continue to use when it comes to repairs that i can't do myself.

Default Searched the classifieds and did not find any canvas or upholstery repair

Searched the classifieds and did not find any canvas or upholstery repair. Could you provide any links to business that you know do this type of work?

Got my new camper top done at Conneautville Canvas. 814-587-2755. Nice work and great price. All Sunbrella material too.

Quote Originally Posted by rkinross View Post
    Searched the classifieds and did not find any canvas or upholstery repair. Could you provide any links to business that you know do this type of work?
    Shelly at Fountain Canvas (412-251-1782) works on tops. Andy at McGowan's Automotive Upholstery (412-362-1379) on Washington Blvd in the city works on interiors and tops. I have used both and they have done a great job.